So... You've decided to take the plunge from renter to owner... Now what?!?!
We've compiled a few tips for you to make your first time home buying experience a little easier.
- Have realistic goals and expectations. Know what price range you can afford and STICK TO IT!
- Save for a down payment. I know it can be difficult to same money some times, but having a solid down payment will make your home buying process easier.
- Find a local realtor with expertise in the areas you'd like to buy in. If you don't know where to start when searching for a realtor, ask your friends and neighbors. The team at Douglas Lane Real Estate Group are AMAZING. They are a family owned and operated real estate brokerage in the Augusta, GA area that treats it's clients like family. I have personally used them as my agent/broker twice!
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage. This will give you a definite price range that you can purchase from.
- Follow the recommendations of your realtor/broker. They are extremely knowledgable and can help guide you through the process.
- Once you find the home you want, GET A HOME INSPECTION!! A home inspection will find any defects in the home's major systems. These findings can help you in negotiating a great price for your home. Call us today to schedule your home inspection!