Eventually, your buyers are going to conduct an inspection. You may as well know what they are going to find by getting there first. Having an inspection performed ahead of time helps in many other ways, such as:
· It allows you to see your home through the eyes of a critical and neutral third party.
· It alerts you to immediate safety issues before agents and visitors tour your home.
· It may alert you to items of immediate concern, such as radon gas or active termite infestation.
· It permits you to make repairs ahead of time so that:
o defects won't become 11th hour negotiating stumbling blocks later.
o There is no delay in obtaining the Use and Occupancy Permit.
o You have the time to get reasonably priced contractors or make the repairs yourself, if qualified.
· It helps you to justify the asking price for your home.
· It may relieve prospects' concerns and suspicions.
· It may encourage the buyer to waive his inspection contingency.
· It reduces your liability by adding professional supporting documentation to your disclosure statement.
Copies of the inspection report, along with receipts for any repairs, should be made available to potential buyers. By hiring PLAN Inspections to perform your Pre-Listing Inspection, your report will be available to potential buyers and their agents online 24/7. We will also return to your home after repairs have been made to reinspect your home. Once all repairs (except cosmetic repairs) have been made, PLAN Inspections will provide a yard sign to market your property as “Move-In Certified”.
Contact us at PLAN Inspections for a quote or to schedule your home inspection today!